I recently released Perfect Abstraction's first Ignition module on Module Marketplace for sale. It is the Power Scripting Module. Check out the blog post I wrote about it.
PA Power Scripting Module
This new Ignition module adds powerful scripting capabilities and features to Ignition. Find out about them.
Datasets in Ignition
It is very true that if somebody is going to do any Python scripting in
Ignition then he/she is going to be dealing with datasets. Learn more about them from this blog post.
What Ignition Module Do You Want?
I am interested in creating more Ignition modules. It is important to me to find out what people really want to have in Ignition. What do you want or need? What are your pain points? What would you pay for?
Here are some examples of Ignition Modules I could make:
1. A video component to play video in Ignition.
2. A webcam component that supports the RTSP protocol.
3. Functionality to play back tag history in HMI screens.
4. New components in Ignition.
5. New device drivers to connect and communication with more devices or software services.
6. More capability and functionality in Ignition.
7. Functionality and programming libraries and frameworks for creating websites with Ignition.
8. Many many different things. Let your imagination go wild.