- Login to the Ignition Gateway.
- Click on OPC Connections -> Servers
- Add a new OPC Server Connection.
- Add the name of the OPC connection. Add the IP Address or hostname and port of Kepware. The IP Address and port used by Kepware can be found in OPC UA configuration in Kepware. Click on the button to create the new OPC server connection.
- The new connection will be faulted because it needs a security certificate. In the Gateway click on the OPC-UA -> Certificates link.
- Download the Ignition OPC-UA Client certificate.
- In the Kepware OPC-UA Configuration Manager import the certificate into Trusted Certs.
- Check the status of the Kepware connection. It should now be connected.
- The Kepware OPC Server can now be browsed in the OPC browser in the Ignition Designer and used.
The silent video shows how to do it. Sorry for the beeping sound. The steps to do it are listed below the video.