- Download the "launchclient.jar" file from your Ignition Gateway. It is located in your Ignition Gateway here: http://localhost:8088/main/system/launchbin/launchclient.jar
- Upload the "launchclient.jar" file to your web server and change the "codebase" attribute in the code above to point to the directory that it is in. Make sure that the "codebase" attribute uses the same domain name or IP Address as the webpage that the project will be embedded in.
- Modify the "width" and "height" attributes as needed for displaying your project.
- Change "localhost" in every place in the code above to the domain name or IP Address used by your Ignition Gateway.
- Change the "javaws.sr.project" parameter to the name of the Ignition project that you want to embed.
This is how to embed an Ignition project as a Java applet in a webpage.
Put the following code in the HTML source of a webpage:
Follow these steps:
The '1.6' argument to the runApplet function means that it will require browsers to have at least Java 6 in order to run the applet.
Here's a screenshot I took of an Ignition project embedded into a webpage of my website:
Leave a comment about your experience embedding Ignition projects or about this article.
Did you find this blog post useful? Sign up for my mailing list to get notified of future blog posts.